If you are tour guide narration provider, have you considered an opportunity to complete that experience with sound? It is now possible. Tour guides are now providing live pre-recorded and narration audio simultaneously, engaging tours more and creating a better environment. Organizations are more focused on eliminating unwanted noise, and increasing tour group sizes to provide the next level of a brand experience by controlling of their messages.
Walking Tour Audio Usually Adds Value to Visitors
The “HearMe Tour Guide System” for example delivers multimedia experiences and live narration to their tour groups. By use of a dedicated auxiliary input on the “HearMe Tour Guide transmitter”, tour guides can add more layers of professional music, storytelling, and sound effects to make a walking tour experience like a complete audio theatre.
By utilizing an auxiliary input to share an actor’s voiceover speeches, letters, and journals – so that when you are standing in a certain location, you will be playing the real history of what transpired in that particular location, not a fictitious version of the story. It will surely take your tours to a higher level. Additionally, parents love the earbuds and audio equipment because they can move to the other side of the street without missing out on anything if they happen to have a crying child. Older guests, of course, love it too because it cuts out the city noise and provides clear communication to everyone. Since the introduction of a tour multimedia experience, tourism has now become more entertaining and enjoyable.
Top uses for a tour guide communication system
• Client or prospect tours – This makes a good impression on the clients and prospects who happen to tour your facility. Since a confused client does not take any action, savvy companies are making use of a tour guide system to make sure their message goes through.
• Continuous Improvement events –There can never be a better way to share information, other than ensuring there is adequate provision of crystal-clear sound quality during tours for internal teams or visiting peers.
• Employee training –Loud or acoustically environments which are challenging pose quite a number of various challenges, especially when training small to large groups. These could include distribution facility or manufacturing walkthroughs to meeting the needs of interpretation in any kind of environment.
• Daily walkthroughs –Tour Guide Audio Systems Solutions offer a variety of “one-way and two-way” tour guide options of communication systems for conducting daily walkthroughs at the workplace. Organizations are now realizing real-time engagement results and efficiency from adding audio.
• VIP tours and Trade shows – Companies have realized the ultimate methods of maximizing their investment in expensive events and trade shows by using communication systems of a tour guide to creating an attractive “show-and-tell format”. These systems are nowadays being used extensively during activities such as those of touring plant components. You just need to learn more about Tour Guide Audio Systems. This will definitely give you an idea of how your company can benefit by using tour guide communication systems in its operations.